kerberos on Ubuntu?

Aroon Pahwa viperstyx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:45:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:19:41 +0200, Erik Bågfors <zindar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:09:02 -0400, Aroon Pahwa <viperstyx at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 02:35:11 +0200, Erik Bågfors <zindar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Do you need kerberos 4 or 5? Do you need only the standard clients?
> > > Such as telnet, ftp, rsh and so on, or do you need afs-support as
> > > well??
> > >

> > CMU has a bunch of programs that require Kerberos authentication (IMAP
> > email client called mullberry, oracle client software, ftp software).
> > I think i need K5
>
> oracle I no nothing about.  Is mullberry a linux-client? If so, do you
> have it built with kerberos support?
>
> > > You get the standard clients with:
> > > If kerberos 4 you can most likely install:
> > > kerberos4kth-clients and kerberos4kth-clients-x
> > > if kerberos 5:
> > > heimdal-client and heimdal-clients-x
> > >
> > > I haven't tried this since it was a while since I worked at kth (where
> > > these packages are developed).
> > >

> > so these programs will manage tickets for me (checkout, listing, and
> > destroying) for me?
> >

> Yes,
>
> /Erik

all of CMU's software is built for windows and mac and i dont have
access to any sources (gar).  also, CMU's tech support doesnt support
any linux distro's except Andrew Linux so they couldnt help me.  ive
considered switching to Andrew Linux but it runs pretty old everything
and im pretty sure there is almost no user community for it...

in anycase, im trying to run all the software under wine, but that in
itself is a problem since most of the software is pretty recent
releases (therefore wine is missing some critical dll's etc).

this may be the point that drives me to dual boot =\

aroon pahwa
viperstyx at gmail.com