smb mount options

cseg ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Oct 20 14:49:04 UTC 2004

I did a fresh install of Warty 4.10 (10/13 version).  Samba now doesn't work for me.

I can neither see shares via the Network option, nor can I mount them locally. When I try to do so, I get this:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //host/share
or too many mounted file systems

Further, smbfs no longer seems to be a separate package. I /may/ have enabled universe last time, I don't recall. But this time I have (so far) not enabled universe and smbfs is definitely not available outside the samba package.