Nautilus and ssh

Andy Main mainas1 at aston.ac.uk
Wed Oct 20 00:20:59 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I just tried connecting to my work pc using nautilus, however can't work
out how to do it properly as the Gnome help doesn't seem to relate to
the dialog I used, and I have only ever done this from windows using
winSCP.

All I tried was Computer>Network, File>Connect to Server, and filled out
the form for SSH connection (apart from the folder bit - should go to my
home directory anyway).  When I click on the icon it just hangs trying
to open it.  What am I dong wrong?

On another related note is there an easy way to launch an SSH terminal?
I've been kinda spoilt using putty all this time, where basically I just
click, my keys are loaded automatically and voila the terminal opens! is
there an easy way to say put a link on my desktop?

Thanks,

Andy.