Ubuntu users LiveJournal

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:03:34 UTC 2004

Hi James,

I don't have an opinion either way about the LiveJournal thing
(although I've used blogger.com for this type of thing before).

I just have a suggestion that may help with finding information in the
list archives, the wiki, etc.

With Google, you can tell it specifically to only search within a
particular website. For instance:

"site:lists.ubuntu.com gnome"

This would give you all the messages in the list archive that have the
word "gnome" in them. You can do the same with the wiki if the wiki
search isn't helping much:

"site:wiki.ubuntu.com gnome"

Of course you can get much  more specific than just "gnome". :-)
Google uses up to 10 keywords when you search.

Hopefully this will help someone a little. :-)

Aaron

PS - "Google Hacks" is an awesome book! If you're online all day like
I am, it's a big help.