a torrent of warts

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Tue Oct 19 10:35:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 12:26 +0200, Bo Rosén wrote:
> tis 2004-10-19 klockan 11.51 skrev Bo Rosén:
> > please don't forget to include the MD5SUMS in the torrent.
> Eh, I didn't mean to imply that you don't know your jobs at Canonical.
> Could have phrased that better, sorry.

*grin*

In my experience; the torrents are of the CD images which of course
contain the MD5sums.

BitTorrent uses SHA1 internally to make sure that you downloaded the
right file so arguably the only thing you need is the hash of
the .torrent file. BitTorrent is a fantastically safe download mechanism
and it saves everyone bandwidth.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895