Changing GDM screen

Gabriel Menini arlequin8 at imap.cc
Mon Oct 18 21:21:12 UTC 2004

volvoguy wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:02:36 -0200, Gabriel Menini <arlequin8 at imap.cc> wrote:
>

>>I want to change the GDM welcome screen to the one shown in
>>http://www.ubuntulinux.org/login.png
>>
>>Does anyone know where can I download Ubuntu screens for GMD?
>

> Are you running Ubuntu? You may have it installed already. :-) It
> arrived as an update sometime last week I believe. If you're keeping
> up to date but haven't rebooted (or logged out/in) lately, that may be
> all you need.

Yes, sorry... :-\

In fact, I updated, then logged out, logged in and there was the new GDM
screen.

Thank you very much! :D

> If you haven't updated lately, you can do so with the Synaptic Package
> Manager found here:
>
> Computer (menu) > System Configuration > Synaptic Package Manager
>
> You'll be asked for a password - use your own.

You know.. every time I want to run a 'su' application like synaptic
from a normal user desktop environmet, I get an error message:"the child
proccess has died with a -1 error". It only happens invoking Synaptic
from Gnome, but from KDE it runs flawessly....

> I hope that helps a little!
>
> Aaron

Of, course ;-)

--