Preview vs. Final Release

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Sun Oct 17 19:36:21 UTC 2004

Hi!

Thomas Satzinger [2004-10-17 20:38 +0200]:
> Hi there,
>
> i do have the preview release installed and keep my packages up to date.
> Is there a difference to the final release? Means : should i download
> the final release or do i do fine with all the updates?

In general a freshly installed final release and an upgraded earlier
version will be mostly identical [1]. There had been some installer
changes which could affect your system, but as long as your system
runs fine, just upgrading it is fine.

Martin

[1] Apart from some glitches regarding the not-so-default Desktop
    background :-)

--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer            http://www.ubuntulinux.org