Mailing list police [was Re: Community response of new ubuntu artwork]

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Sun Oct 17 16:22:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 09:30 -0400, GR Gaudreau wrote:

> came down on me with both feet. I don't turn the other cheek.

I think they call it "diplomatic skills" these days.

I, for one am happy that the Canonical guys don't hesitate to "police"
this mailing list. I tend to frequent the comp.lang.python newsgroup and
cat attest that a friendly, knowledgeable community does a lot for the
popularity of the software product.