Community response of new ubuntu artwork

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Sun Oct 17 16:11:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 01:56:16PM +0100, Richard Shortland wrote:
> I'm in full agreement about ditching Ubuntu because of the immaturity of
> the community.  I have already deleted it from my machine though I will
> continue to monitor the mailing list and see what the outcome is before
> reinstalling. Also I will not be recommeding Ubuntu to anyone anymore due
> to this immaturity.

I think this is the main thing that's got to me about the whole artwork
mess: it's created huge divisions in a newly-born community for no good
reason. Regardless of the merits or demerits of the artwork itself, I
advocate a change from the current default simply due to the divisive
nature of the reactions to it and the need for a new community to have a
stable base that they can trust.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]