kde install issue

Johan johansche at absamail.co.za
Sun Oct 17 14:29:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

Last night I installed kde : sudo apt-get install kde.

Download (many packages - 5 hrs) went well - minor issues at the end.

After rebooting it gone well up to the 3 humans screen. need to log in and select gnome or kde.

Well was I surprised .. black screen and then complaining about ICEauthority.
Selected gnome .. the same.

Gone into console mode and have a look at ~/.ICEauthority.
The user were now set as  ..  root : root.

chown to to my user and gone back to log in screen. Now all is well in kde and gnome.

Maybe this need some looking into the changing of the owner to root when installing kde.

Regards
--
Johan Sch
Registered linux user #333034