Adding Fonts

de Selby dadaism at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 21:23:05 UTC 2004

> > I have attempted to add a couple of TTF fonts that I need for an app
> > using the method above, however, it does not work.
> > Looking at it, it is clearly a permissions issue, all of the files in
> > fonts:/// are owned by root and have the little lock symbol on them, so
> > when I try to drag and drop a new font from the desktop, it won't let me.
> >
> > Is there another method of doing this?
>
> try "sudo -H nautilus" and then ctrl-l and enter "fonts:///" . Worked
> for me...

This also works for me, but before I knew what I was doing I
successfully added some custom-made TTFonts by hand by following the
instructions here:

http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/xfree4_tt.html

My fonts are available to all applications as far as I can tell -
OpenOffice, Firefox, and some other x-progs, and to all users. It
should work if nothing else does.