Adding Fonts

Darren Critchley darrenc at telus.net
Sat Oct 16 19:24:09 UTC 2004

Martin Maney wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 09:46:13PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 13:35 +0200, Bastian Doetsch wrote:
>>

>>>I got the original Microsoft TTF Fonts on my XP cd. Is there any tool
>>>that can import them for me available or a wiki or FAQ how to do it?
>>>

>>Applications > Run Application...
>>Type in 'fonts:///' and hit enter
>>Now just drag'n'drop! :-)

I have attempted to add a couple of TTF fonts that I need for an app
using the method above, however, it does not work.
Looking at it, it is clearly a permissions issue, all of the files in
fonts:/// are owned by root and have the little lock symbol on them, so
when I try to drag and drop a new font from the desktop, it won't let me.

Is there another method of doing this?

Thanks
Darren