Evolution - Exporting Contacts

Ryan Thiessen ryanthiessen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 17:56:16 UTC 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:26:53 -0400, David M. Carney
<carney1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried every way I can think of, but it appears Evolution will
> only export to a vcard format file.
>
> Is there a way to get Evolution to export to a CSV file, or is there a
> way to convert a vcard file to CSV?

This is not exactly what you wanted, but you can find your mail in
mbox format stored in the ~/.evolution/mail folder.  You can import
that into other programs like Mozilla Thunderbird, which have more
advanced export capabilities.  I realize it's not perfect but it is
the best option I know of.

Cheers,
-Ryan Thiessen-