Muting PC speaker

Chris Edwards chris at chris-edwards.org
Sat Oct 16 05:25:17 UTC 2004

* Luke Yelavich (themuso at themuso.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 02:53:53PM EST, Chris Edwards wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with my Dell Inspiron 600m, where no matter what I
> > do, I can't seem to mute the PC speaker. That is, I can control PCM etc
> > fine, but things like the console bell I seem to have no control over
> > the volume of.
>
> Just remove the pcspkr module I think it is called that anyway.

Oh, fantastic, that worked. Is there a way to still have the PC speaker
sound, but have control over the volume? I can't remember whether it
worked like that when I used the OSS modules before Ubuntu.

Also, what's the best way of making sure the module is never loaded?

Thanks!

--
Chris Edwards <chris at chris-edwards.org>