Women in Burkas

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 04:07:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:31:26 -0700, Daniel Stone
<daniel.stone at canonical.com> wrote:

> My personal belief is that the Ubuntu logo is quite staggeringly
> inoffensive, and we had a pretty good set of artwork which didn't upset
> anyone before the change, and that's the artwork I would personally like
> to see in the default release (speaking for myself, not Canonical).

I agree with that 100%. There's been a lot of negatives thrown around
about the new artwork, but I'd like the designers involved that the
logo and the general theme consistency in Ubuntu is WONDERFUL! As a
graphic and web designer who knows a good deal about graphics and
GUI's in general, my opinion is that Ubuntu has THE best interface and
"feel" that I've ever seen in a Linux distro. I would be proud to have
some of my designs end up in Ubuntu - and I sincerely hope that
happens someday. :-) *hint, hint*

Sorry. I guess this sounds a little sappy, but I'd hate to be the
guy/guys that are getting slammed by insults right now.

Aaron