desktop image problem that doesn't involve it's content.

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 01:29:17 UTC 2004

*bites tongue* Nope. I won't even mention it. :-)

I've been using the new "default that isn't really the default"
background/wallpaper thing since I got it via update. Since I'm
working on some of my own backgrounds to provide to the community, I
needed to change it today. Imagine my surprise when I right-clicked on
the desktop, selected the option to change it, selected a different
image, and absolutely nothing happened.

Hmm....

I'll click on "computer" > "desktop preferences" > "change background"
and do it there. Nothin'. Hmm... Log off/log in? Nope. Reboot? Nope.
Update and repeat everything? Nope.

I don't have any idea where to begin troubleshooting this one. I've
never changed the background anywhere except from the tool provided
for that purpose. Maybe I have a file locked or something?
Suggestions? Please? :-)

Aaron