Ubuntu and AMD64

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Fri Oct 15 23:15:13 UTC 2004

Hi

On Fri, October 15, 2004 17:17, Tollef Fog Heen said:
> I really want to have a multiarch solution for those things, rather
> than having to special-case packages like we've done with the
> Openoffice.org packages as it takes a fair amount of time and doesn't
> scale well at all.

I've seen mention of biarch and multiarch since I started using Fedora
x86_64... what exactly is it? (in the context of Ubuntu, especially).

Is the plan to just add more stuff to ia32-libs? That doesn't look
especially scalable either (I'm just grabbing the source package now...
ouch ;)

If I'm going to get mplayer going I'd rather do it in a way that's useful
than not, so if you point me in the right direction I'll see what I can
do.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones