OT comment was Re: Community response of new ubuntu artwork

Richard M. Barry R.Barry at sstl.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 16:26:49 UTC 2004

You're going to have to undesrtand that there are people that don't think like you.  That's the issue here, not what you personally think is stupid.  Think about it, if both sides of an argument just stand on their point, without considering that the other person might NEVER agree with them, the argument will never stop, and you will have a deadlock situation.  As soon as (at least) one party in the argument is prepared to compromise, because they realise the situation is deadlocked, the situation might possibly be resolved.   That's what's needed here, a compromise from one, or all parties in this argument.  Maybe the best compromise is accepting that some people find the imagery offensive (your personal opinion of those people and their beliefs aside) and not making it the default, but rather an option.  Now the people that want it can choose to have it, and those that are against it are also satisfied.  Deadlock broken.

Richard
.