Installation Problems: powerpc, Release Candidate, B&W G3

Brett K ubuntu-users at valx.mailshell.com
Fri Oct 15 16:25:12 UTC 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 at 12:14-0400, David McLaughlin wrote:

> [Tux Picture]
> audit(1097856659.239.0): initialized
> Starting Ubuntu...
> pivot_root: No such file or directory
> /sbin/init: 429: cannot open dev/console: No such file
> Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init

Ah, I'm not the only one. I'm getting the exact same error on
my B&W G3. It was working fine. I did a Synaptic update the
other night, it froze, crashed, and hasn't rebooted since. I
have posted twice about this and no one has responded.

(Ubuntu is still running fine on my G4.)

--
Brett

Power Mac B&W G3 (G4 500MHz Accelerator)
1GB/60GB/OS X 10.3.x/OS 9.2/Ubuntu 1.0 Preview