Please oh please change default theme...

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 15:39:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 11:16 -0400, Michael S. Jessop wrote:
> ...just so everyone will stop talking about it!!!!   >8|
>
> Cripes... I get this list in the digest form and everytime I check my
> mail I've gotten 10 of 'em, and 80% of the subjects have "default theme"
> in them
>
> Mike

It's because it matters.

Beauty and particularly beautiful youth are altogether too worshipped in
this society. The vast majority of people do NOT look like this.
It is offensive, agist, sexist, vain, shallow and foolish.
It sends the wrong message unless you're after the "enlightened western
youth" market.
It will be rejected out of hand by Islam, Judaism, a fair part of
Christianity, the corporate world, all schools, libraries, government
and so on.
The question is, what is the purpose of Ubuntu? What is is intended
market?
If you're after "world domination" then you cannot have ANY images of
people or animals. Take a hint from Islamic art. Such beautiful
decorations and all done with lines and shapes.

OK
I won't post again on this.
Enough already.

regards