Ubuntu and AMD64

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Fri Oct 15 15:06:18 UTC 2004

Hi

On Fri, October 15, 2004 14:25, Tollef Fog Heen said:
> Building for ia32 is largely untested, but it might work by accident.
> I'm thinking about making it something we'll have for Hoary, though.
> Unsure, and depending on community feedback.

I'm quite interested in helping out where I can, especially things that re
going to make amd64 even better, so I'd be happy to test/faq/help as I
can.

As for getting mplayer running soon, I was thinking I might just whip up a
static 32bit binary on a 32bit linux box and copy it over, but I've yet to
investigate how practical that will be.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones