(no subject) [Default Theme]

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:48:43 UTC 2004

I changed the default login screen. The only time the "half naked"
people show up is while the desktop loads up.

I personally don't have a huge problem with it. But, I can see how some
people may. First, as long as that is unchangable it is doubtful that
the company were I work will ever fully adopt Ubuntu. Now, you might say
that is my company's problem...and you might well be right. Never the
less, most business/college/etc environments don't want a login like
that.

I do think the pictures were tastfully done. Certainly the "human" theme
should continue as an option...but depending on what the plan/roadmap is
for Ubuntu it might be wise to make something else the default theme
(perhaps something similar but with people fully clothed). Again, I
don't personally have a problem with the pictures. However, to have a
similar picture but with the people fully clothed may solve most of the
issues. It would be less "offensive" to most people...and yet it would
still capture the spirit of cooperation and humanity that Ubuntu is.

-Calvin