Evolution/Exchange errors: could not connect to backend process

Patrick Cherry patch-ubuntu at dominoid.net
Fri Oct 15 12:52:31 UTC 2004

Hi Jeff,

> Thanks - are you sure that OWA is configured and running correctly and
> so on? Have you used evolution-exchange successfully before (perhaps on
> other distros)?

I believe that OWA is running correctly, given that I can login.  or
rather I assume that I'm logging in correctly because if I type a bogus
password it prompts me for a second time.

Evolution was working with exchange under Debian, using the experimental
packages.  Unfortunately I cannot remeber which versions!  I remember
installing the rpm provided by Ximian, and fiddling with the file layout
a bit (linking files to different locations).

I'll try that again, and see if it works.  I'll keep you updated.

Should I file a bug?

Patrick