Evolution/Exchange errors: could not connect to backend process

Patrick Cherry patch-ubuntu at dominoid.net
Fri Oct 15 12:04:11 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I'm having difficulties with evolution-exchange:

It fails to find my account on the Exchange 2003 server at work.  I can
log in quite happily with my username/password over the web interface,
but evolution claims there is no mailbox with my username.

Then if I change my username, I then get an error message saying:

  Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend process:
  No such file or directory

which is a bit odd, considering there is no indication which file or
directory its looking for in .xsession-errors.

The reason I might change my username is to set it to something like
username or domain\username or domain/username (I can never remeber
which way round the slashes go...) although the plain username works fine
under web access.

Has anyone else got any tips?  Is this a client or server error?

Best wishes,

Patrick