Intel 82852 driver installation

Matthew D. Peavy lists at terabull.com
Fri Oct 15 03:58:42 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I reinstalled Ubuntu with Wednesday's 4.10 RC on a Gateway laptop.
The graphics driver needs to be installed, which is downloaded from Intel.

I updated the development tools, since the driver needs to be compiled.

I also updated the Linux kernel headers as described in the FAQ.
So far, so good.

Now, when I run the install script I get the following:
----------------
Compiling new agpgart module...
Compiling DRM module...

ERROR: Kernel modules did not compile

The DRI drivers can not be installed without the latest kernel modules.
Installation will be aborted. See the dri.log file for information on
what went wrong.

and the dri.log file contains:

rm -f *.o *.ko dristat drmstat .depend .*.flags .*.d .*.cmd
make: *** No rule to make target `gdg.ko'.  Stop.

So, what to do now?  The kernel modules are the latest, as far as I know.

Thanks,
Matt.