Anyone know how to remaster the CD with previous images?

Andy ubuntu at arda.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 00:49:43 UTC 2004

Ben Edwards wrote:
> mako at canonical.com has said it is OK to use the images from the preview
> release so if someone could post how to remaster the CD with these
> previous images could they post it to the list?

I know how to recover the previous images and in which package they are
on the CD (see my reply in thread "what a reaction!) so I am guessing
that the simple solution is just to re-build the package with the old
images and then create a bootable duplicate of the CD with the package
substituted.

(Thought: Might even be able to just take the old package - but might
not survive an upgrade that way. Have to do some swatting up.)

Mind you I haven't tried this yet so if someone knows better can they
let me know? I'm quite willing to do the work and send a few copies to
people (though I can't host a downloadable image I'm afraid). Any tips,
advice, help, etc. though would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy B