Community response of new ubuntu artwork

Sean Gibbins sean at funky-gibbins.net
Thu Oct 14 21:58:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:19:11 -0400
Brett K <ubuntu-users at valx.mailshell.com> wrote:

> > But that's NOT the kind of test you have to pass in many
> > production environments, and if the creators of this
> > distro can't understand that fact of life, then they may
> > as well resign themselves to being just one of a
> > gazillion little Debian knock-offs when the potential
> > was so much greater.

Potential for what, may I ask? Why the big deal about
conquering the corporate desktop anyway? The mere fact that
it is (a) Linux and (b) not Red Hat/SuSE is going to be a
show-stopper for a lot of big firms, if my lot are anything
to go by.

> Agreed, I'm afraid we are witnessing a devolution in
> progress.

I don't think a return to the middle ages in terms of how we
regard naked skin [note: not a 'naughty' bit in sight]
represents a paticularly well-evolved viewpoint.

Sean

--

What a life a mess can be - Uncle Tupelo