Default Theme

Chris ubuntu at functionalfuture.com
Thu Oct 14 14:07:13 UTC 2004

Whoa!  The new login theme scared the crap out of me when I booted up this morning.   Not that I have a problem with such images but I thought I had been hacked by some kids or something.

I don't have time to read the whole thread but I will say that I don't like the theme.  The images are nice quality and look fine, but they arn't something I want on my desktop or GDM window.   I like the faded Ubuntu symbol on the GDM image though, I would just remove the people to have something more professional looking.

Again, it's not that I don't like such images, I just prefer computer and techonology related stuff, especially in business, to be non-cultural (eg. no people, no animals, no mascots; I don't like the Linux pengiun or the BSD daemon either).  I like normal professional looking logos and images.