evolution 2.0.2-0ubuntu1 & smtp problem?

Guilherme Salgado salgado at async.com.br
Thu Oct 14 12:55:36 UTC 2004

Hi there,

After an upgrade to evolution 2.0.2-0ubuntu1 I'm not able to send
messages anymore. The "Send & Receive Mail" dialog tries to connect to
my smtp(with authentication) server (for a long time) and then dies with
the message "HELO command failed: Connection timed out."

I haven't changed my evolution config, and the problem probably isn't in
my smtp server, cause I'm still able to send messages using thunderbird.

There's anything else I should try before blaming evolution?

Thanks,
Guilherme Salgado