Community response of new ubuntu artwork

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at gotadsl.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 09:03:23 UTC 2004

It seems most people upgraded their systems with apt. I may be one of
the few who downloaded a new ISO and did a fresh install.  I knew there
was new artwork in the works, so I was curious. This is what I saw:

1. GDM - same look as before
2. Splash screen - same look as before
3. Desktop - A plain brown desktop with the logo

I then went looking for the new artwork and I was easily able to change
the wallpaper (which is still quite subdued).  The GDM and splash
screens are actually quite tricky to change to get the photographic
theme, so you'll never do it be accident. So, it seems most of the worry
has been caused by a quirk in the upgrade process for most people.

- Henrik