Gnome-ppp

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz
Thu Oct 14 08:45:06 UTC 2004

I installed gnome-ppp from source and then I realised there was a Debian
package I could have used so you could download the debian package and
install with: dpkg -i gnome-ppp_0.3.14-1_i386.deb, you still need wvdial
as gnome-ppp is a gui front end for it. To stop wvdial dialing when I
didn't want it to I deleted my dial-up connection from the Network Setup
GUI (I originally had it in there along side my eth0  connection but
found that whenever I enabled or disabled eth0 the modem would
automatically dial). Now I only have eth0 in my Network settings and my
dial-up is setup with gnome-ppp so it only dials when I want it to.
Bill