Community response of new ubuntu artwork

dave dave at rodrig.com
Thu Oct 14 02:46:30 UTC 2004

Daniel Stone wrote:

> As Mark stated, the default background is a rather uncontroversial
> Ubuntu logo; the monthly calendar does not come as the default on new
> installs, this is only a result of upgrading from a very specific set of
> installs.

Yes, but that's one part of the theme. What about GDM and the splash
screen? He did say:

"This forum is where that controversy can be explored and where we can
ultimately take a view on whether this theme is something that should
stay part of Ubuntu in future releases."

which is encouraging, but overall, it sounds as if these images are
still slated to be included in the default theme (again, GDM and
splash). It seems that most of us here believe that would be a *big*
mistake.

dave