Community response of new ubuntu artwork

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at raw.no
Wed Oct 13 22:57:10 UTC 2004

* Ryan Thiessen

| As far as I can tell, there has been no response from any of the
| Ubuntu developers despite these repeated questions on IRC and on the
| mailing lists.

(I'm an ubuntu developer, but have no connection to the artwork, I
work on amd64.)

I think the images look nice, I was surprised by them, but after a
short while, I found them nice-looking and am now running the monthly
background at home as well as at the university.  I can certainly see
that people in some cultures will be offended by the images, but I'm
also sure Mark Shuttleworth has a bunch of aces up his sleeve, still
to be spent, which should make people worry a lot less.

As you understand -- this is my personal opinion, it's not any kind of
offical answer from Canonical, but it's at least one developer's
personal opinion, for what that's worth.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-