erotic wallpaper

Super Donkey smurf_www at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 13 22:50:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:49:39 -0400, Brett Kirksey wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 October 2004 at 23:45+0200, Super Donkey wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry but when I see church art, I see a lot of naked
>> people, ok they > are in heaven and its centuries old art but
>> still.
>
> From the few mosques I've been in, I haven't seen any nudity.
> Maybe they've added since my last visit to the Dome of the Rock.
> :-)
>
> Brett

As far as I know muslims aren't allowed to draw "holy" pictures. Thats why
in mosques you have many art done in the form of text. The philosophy
behind this is that the drawing of heavenly scenes are not the truth but
the artists impression of what he read or imagined and people might get
confused by it and take it as the truth.