Default Theme

Nathan Blackham Ubuntu at it.et.byu.edu
Wed Oct 13 20:38:33 UTC 2004

I currently am going to a really conservitive university in the United
States, BYU, and I have been actively pushing people to try Ubuntu.
Luckily, most of them have chosen to wait until I give them a CD.  I
performed the update right before I went to class.  When I turned my
machine on, I was glad I was in the back row.  I was embarassed to have
it on my machine.  While I could see and appreciate the artwork, I was
ambushed by it.  I didn't know it was coming.  For me, I loved the old
theme.  In fact, as quick as I could I changed back to the old screen
except the splash screen.  I don't know how to change that.

I have enjoyed the way that this distro is going.  I have been a Debian
fan for a long time.  I have been real excited about this distro but
this change has dashed my hopes.  I can't feel right suggesting this
distro to people around me because of the theme.  Please change it from
the default.

Thanks
Nathan Blackham
Brigham Young University