Default Theme

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at gotadsl.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 18:50:15 UTC 2004

Brett Kirksey wrote:

>Ubuntu logo, AOL IM logo, People PC logo, Apple's Mac happy
>face, etc.

Well, these show vaguely humanoid figures, but they don't show human
interaction, inter-personal bonds, sharing, warmth, etc. that lies in
the Ubuntu concept.

>Uh huh. I'd enjoy watching the drama of this crusade in Iran,
>Syria, Lebanon, Pakistan, Egypt, Sudan, Nigeria, etc., etc. :-)

Yes, I agree that those might be difficult markets with that imagery. I
don't know the answer to that. I guess the suggestion of showing hands
is the best so far, but that does limit the range of images after a
while. I would suggest different people in different cultural settings
of all ages, as taken out of National Geographic, say. Perhaps later
image sets were planned to have such variety, but we just happened to
get the young urban people this month.

- Henrik