Default Theme

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Wed Oct 13 15:32:42 UTC 2004

yep..

i guesss after viewing the shots sent as examples those are a bit much
especially for an office environment.

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com]On Behalf Of Daniel
Robitaille
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 8:30 AM
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Default Theme

> are there in-appropriate grahics displayed?
>
> just wondering.
>
> i saw a coupla' hundred screenshots from the most current build
> and again i apologize to any who might be offended but i just don't
> see what the fuss is about.
>
> could some provide a capture or screenshot page that shows what tyler
> was refeering to as i want to keep an open mind as i have not seen all of
> it.
>
> ~still puzzled

various new artwork have appeared in the recent builds: new  desktop
backgrounds, the gdm bakcground image at login time, and the gnome
splash image.

They all features 3 people, 2 women and one man, all in various pose.
No signs of any clothes on the desktop background (but you only see
them from the mid-torso up), but in the gdm and gnome splash screen
they have some clothes.

While I find the desktop image very nice, the other 2 I find way too
much "in your face".  Is there any way to brind back the original gdm
theme image?  I prefered it a lot more to the default.

And of course I know exaclty how to change all these images, but as
the default it feels a bit overwhelming, and surprising after weeks of
the more conservative style.