PCI Adress space collision, boot message

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 13 08:58:20 UTC 2004

I had to use the boot parameter pci=noacpi to avoid my lucent winmodem
from locking up my system when  I dial out, everything works perfectly
when I have that added but it also gives an error at the start of the
boot up: PCI Address space collision on region 8 of bridge 0000:00:5.3
[fe60:fe7f].
If I take out the pci=noacpi the error goes away but then my conflict
with my modem comes back. It just seems strange that with the error
everything works fine and without the error I have a problem.

Bill