Please test the Warty release-candidate-candidate

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 08:18:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:41:23 -0700, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:

> http://wiki.ubuntulinux.org/WartyWarthog/UpgradeNotes

Ok. Copy that. I was under the impression that Synaptic was the
preferred package manager, but I guess the end results are the same.

Perhaps I wasn't supposed to do this until the final release, but this
part of those instructions didn't work:

Upgrading From WartyWarthog Pre-Releases

1. Add initial user to scanner group:

sudo adduser $(getent passwd 1000) scanner

I get the message "adduser: No more than two names."

Perhaps it's not entirely clear on that page, who needs to do what and when.

Aaron