iMac issues - was "No networking on iMac install"

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:31:22 UTC 2004

Here's a slight update:

As mentioned in a previous thread, I tried:

sudo modprobe snd-powermac

with no errors, but still no sound. When I right-click on the volume
control in the top panel and select preferences, there's nothing
listed. When I click on "open volume control", I have two mixers -
"PowerMac Burgundy Alsa Mixer" and "PowerMac Burgundy OSS Mixer". With
the main and pcm volumes cranked, I get some barely audible system
sounds. Something I find odd still is that left-clicking on the volume
control, I can't get that "fader" to move at all - it alway snaps back
down.

Aaron