Installing under Microsoft Virtual PC

Somnonaut somnonaut at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:48:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:31:18 -0700, Craig Snively <craig at windstream.com> wrote:

> Has anybody successfully installed under MS VPC? I just tried it, and it
> seemed to go thru the install correctly, but when it boots up for the login,
> I get an 'extended screen', that shows me the first 3 letters of UBU in very
> large type, and I assume the rest is there somewhere, but I can't see it. I
> also don't get to see a login, although as I said I assume I'm there. Any
> suggestions? And I don't have another machine to run the software on, and I
> don't want to repartition my harddrive at this time, I only want to see if I
> like the software first.
>

> Thanks for the help.
>

> Craig Snively

I'm getting exactly the same situation. "Widescreen" with distorted
letters, and no response when clicking, keyboard input, etc. I tried
re-installing and selecting only 640x480 in the X setup, with no
change. Doesn't seem like changing the display settings within Virtual
PC works either.

Have you had any more luck?