Embedded multi media player in firefox (mplayer-mozilla)

Elliot F. elliotf-ubuntu at gratuitous.net
Mon Oct 11 16:52:53 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 00:48 +0200, Super Donkey wrote:
> Is there a posibility for this?

Yes.  I recall seeing it in a FAQ somewhere, but the excellent marillat
packages work great under Ubuntu/Warty:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

All you need after that is to apt-get install mplayer-mozilla.  It
embeds mplayer into any mozilla app.  I don't think it works for Real,
though I could be wrong.  Let me know.

If you didn't know, these packages are VERY non-free.  I think I recall
seeing another app out there that did something similar with xine...  A
quick apt-cache search of "mozil plugi" shows:

mozilla-plugin-vlc - multimedia plugin for Mozilla based on VLC
mozplugger - Plugin allowing external viewers to be launched inside Mozilla

Elliot F.