Ubuntu kernel patches

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Mon Oct 11 15:48:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 09:14 +0200, Julien Poissonnier wrote:
> Yes, but the kernel tree in linux-source-2.6.8.1.tar.bz2 allready
> contains the appied patches and the software suspend patch won't apply
> against that three.
> I could download the source from kernel.org and try to apply the patches
> in /usr/src/linux-patches after I have applied the software suspend
> patch but they are named patch-2.6.8.1-1 .. 14 so I don't know what they
> actually do... I'd prefer to know what each patch does without trying to
> figure it out from the patch contents :)

That is probably the easiest way to do what you want, though. Otherwise,
if you miss the wlan drivers, check out:

http://ipw2100.sf.net/
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/

Swsusp2, new ACPI and ibm-acpi are a few other I use, all from sf.net.

Vanilla kernel is as good as Linux gets, all patches just make it less
stable, secure (amount of testing). The right number of patches on a
production server is zero. This is for laptops of course, so I play with
is to my heart's content.

Regards,
Jan