modprobe ndiswrapper problems after fresh install!?!

Andr'e Kuntze vision.mail at gmx.net
Mon Oct 11 00:28:06 UTC 2004

Hi,

my complete system was a bit messed up and i decided to do a complete
new installation including Ubuntu.

I installed from the preview release and updated my system as regular
via Synaptic. After that I installed the linux-686 and ndiswrapper-utils
package (after doing a complete upgrade) and rebooted.

Then called "sudo modprobe ndiswrapper" and i got:

FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper
(/lib/modules/2.6.8.1-3-686/kernel/drivers/net/ndiswrapper/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid module format

I tried to reinstall the kernel and the ndiswrapper package but no go.

Any sugestions?? This worked liked a charm in my last Ubuntu
installation a week ago.

Greetings and thanks in advance
André Kuntze