Dynamic MMap ran out of room

Tim Webster tdwebste at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 22:48:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:58:28 -0700, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 09:24:04PM +0800, Tim Webster wrote:
>
> > P.S. ubuntu works fine with debian repositories.
> > I let apt choose the repositories from which to retrieve
> > packages, and it of course choose them correctly.
>
> If so, this is purely coincidental.  This is discouraged for good reason.

Actually it is not "purely" coincidental.

Package: *
Pin: release a=warty
Pin-Priority: 1002

Package: *
Pin: release a=warty-security
Pin-Priority: 1002

These 2 lines have a pin priority greater than 1000,
which means
install warty even if it means downgrading other releases
install the greatest priority

So the only packages from standard that will get installed are
packages that don't exist in warty.
Which is exactly what I want.