Where Is /dev/dsp

Stephen Durham smd271 at psu.edu
Fri Oct 8 21:34:27 UTC 2004

What is the output of lsmod? or did you compile the sound as static
binaries? Sometimes I have found that the snd-pcm-oss stuff must be
loaded by hand to make things work correctly, that is usually
a /dev/mixer problem, but I guess it would be a starting point. Also
what kind of sound card is it? Can you list the output from lspci, maybe
that card requires specific module parameters, they might be on the
soundcard-matrix at alsa-project.org

Since I am not sure what you have looked at, but obviously you know what
you are doing that is about all I can think of.
Stephen Durham