Nautilus

Daniel B ubuntu at plumcreek.us
Fri Oct 8 20:02:39 UTC 2004

On Oct 8, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Alexander Antoniades wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:27:34 -0500, Kevin Krumwiede
> <kjkrum at comcast.net> wrote:
>> How about "Browse in same window"?
>
> At the risk of starting a flame war, in the spirit of the "just works"
> philosophy, shouldn't this be the default?

Why? I like the default setting. :-)

Besides, spatial Nautilus is the Gnome default. If you want the
defaults changed, you need to talk to the Gnome project -->
http://www.gnome.org

One of the reasons Ubuntu is so nice is that they give you the apps
without a lot of fiddling. You want Gnome? You got it. Sure they've put
together their own Gnome theme (a very nice one at that), but other
than that, it's default Gnome.

The one thing I don't want is for Ubuntu to start tweaking all sorts of
things. Just give me the defaults and if I don't like it, I can change
it.

-- Daniel