gamma correction in Ubuntu?

Aroon Pahwa viperstyx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 07:52:18 UTC 2004

Hey everyone,

first i just want to say i love this community.  i can't believe how
active and helpful it is.

so on to my latest problem:  i've noticed a general problem with my
X40 screen:  the gamma or contrast is waaay to high.  all the light
colors just meld together (i cant distinguish post-it notes from the
while background on webpages, colors arent bold, etc).  So i was just
wondering where the gamma/contrast settings are in linux/ubuntu.  I've
gone through all the GUI tools I can find and can't see anything.

thanks!

aroon pahwa
viperstyx at gmail.com