mono dependencies

Ben Lisle ben at ben.net.au
Thu Oct 7 02:01:41 UTC 2004

> Hiya,
>
> I'm trying to install Mono on an up to date Ubuntu system.
> Unfortunately, I get the following errors:
>
> jkg at emerald ~ $ sudo apt-get install mono
> [...]
>   mono: Depends: mono-jit (= 0.96-1) but it is not going to be installed
> or
>                  mono-mint (= 0.96-1) but it is not going to be installed
>         Depends: mono-utils (= 0.96-1) but it is not going to be installed
>         Depends: mono-mcs but it is not installable
>         Depends: mono-assemblies-arch but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
> jkg at emerald ~ $
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do to work round this,
> or are other people having the same problem? For what it's worth, if I
> try to install mono-mcs or mono-assemblies-arch directly, apt informs
> me they "have no installation candidate".

Mutt just died on me so I don't know if my reply is lost in the ether at
the moment...

Anywho, check your /etc/apt/sources.list and make sure you're pulling
packages from "universe".

For more Mono love add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list

  deb http://www.getsweaaa.com/~tseng/ubuntu/debs ./

Then sudo apt-get update.