Ten Linux lessons?

s.roman s.roman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 22:03:11 UTC 2004

gmail has a nice search function :)

"From: Frank Merenda <fmerenda at yahoo.com>
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 16:27:50 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: Command line question
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to contacts list |
Trash this message | Show original
GR Gaudreau <grgaud <at> sympatico.ca> writes:

> Hi all,
> Speaking about techie talk and the commnad line has reminded me to ask
> what commands are available to me in the dark place.
>
> Is there a document, either on the 'Net or on my HDD, which will give me
> a list of commands available to me, all of them, or at least the most
> important ones?

Here's a *GREAT* place to start:

UNIX Tutorial: Absolute Beginner to Linux "Expert" in 10 Lessons:

http://www.ctssn.com/

and there's Linux 101 (list of commands and few words on each, then details):

http://www.ahinc.com/linux101/toc.html

and after that you can hit up Rute:

http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/node7.html.gz

-Frank Merenda